We offer pro-bono work in exchange for referrals. It can include up to 4 to 6 weeks(depends on what type of training your rescue dog needs) of training in your or our home. We would just need to pick up and drop off or meet you somewhere. We also conduct training sessions at the rescue location. Please check frequently about the availability of these pro-bono services,
For a stay in my home the requirements are:
- The dog must be picked up at the end of 7 or 14 day4 to 6 weeks period depending on the prior agreement
- Food and medical care must be provided by the rescue
- A waiver must be signed allowing me to photograph and videotape training and results for the use of my business
Please contact me for an interview if your organization
is interested in our training program.
How to Register
To register, please email us at Pawsitivecaninetraining@hotmail.com
or call Jami at 704-541-5438 with the following information:
- Director Name, Email and Phone Number
- Dog Name, Breed, Age and Known Issues
- Handler Name, Email and Phone Number
We reserve the right to decline a rescue organization based on unethical, unprofessional, or inappropriate practices at our discretion.
What we ask that each participating rescue:
- Like and share our Facebook page
- Share with your social media followers that you are participating in our classes
- Share and Like class information and/or key posts from the Pawsitive Canine Training Facebook page
- Include Pawsitive Canine Training contact information in adoption packages (vouchers will be provided to director)
- Cross-link Pawsitive Canine Training website http://www.pawsitive-canine.com
What to Expect from Training:
- Manners Skills: Sit/Stay, Down/Stay, Come and Place, Solve Jumping Issues, Play Biting, Door Crashing, Leave It
- Discuss Behavioral Issues including House Training, Crate Training, Separation Anxiety, Resource Guarding, Overall Leadership
When Bringing a Dog:
- Dog must be at least 4 months old
- Martingale Leash STRONGLY recommended. Any colllar used must be properly fitted and the dog must be secure on leash at all times. No retractable leashes will be permitted.
- Bring Treats and treat pouch (preferred)
- Reactive Dogs May be provided additional instructions
- Bring a Towel, Mat, or small rug to sit on
*Please note that there is a $60 non-refundable consultation fee due in cash at the time of evaluation. The consultation fee will be deducted from your account balance if you choose to move forward with training.
Copyright 2017, Pawsitive Canine Training